Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sewing Area Spice Rack Storage Solution

While I was at that fabulous garage sale where I found my new bread maker, I was told that if I returned after 1 p.m., all of the remaining items would be free. How could I pass that offer up? When I returned, I found one of those spinning spice rack storage containers. You know, the ones that have 47 little glass bottles of spices that you maybe only ever use 3 of when you cook? This container, thankfully, had a bag full of empty glass containers just begging to be used in my sewing area. I was more than happy to oblige and I brought them home.

Unfortunately when I got it home and began taking the glass containers out of the bag, I found that there were actually 5 containers missing. That was alright though, I found a solution to fix that. I just put my most commonly used large spools of thread in those spaces.








As you can see from the last picture, my handy little sewing basket fits on top of the spice rack perfectly. Perfectly as long as I don't spin it like I'm on the Price is Right, that is.

I especially like the little chalkboard contact paper labels I put on each little container so that I don't have to guess what is in each little bottle. While I was making these little labels, I kept looking over at my sewing tackle box and I decided to add some labels to it as well.


It's a little obsessive, I realize, but it somehow makes me want to sew more now that I can easily find stuff. And that's kind of the whole point of organizing your crafting area, isn't it?






3 comments:

  1. I love these ideas. I don't really think your labeling is obsessive. Unless my area is organized, I cannot work. Whenever I go on scrapbook weekends, everything has to be organized on the table and in my bags before I can begin a layout. However, if you looked at my house, which is by no means terrible, you would never suspect that my creative areas have to be so organized before I begin!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I use those exact spice jars for my beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya lo decía yo, esos especieros son ideales para tener a mano y a la vista cositas pequeñas!!!

    ReplyDelete